Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cooler Than Ice Cold...



So yesterday my friend Dave threw this up on his Facebook. It is what it says it is. This is Classic era Stevie with Wonderlove, making a LIVE (not canned) appearance on Sesame Street in 1972. This is EVERYTHING that cool should be, this is everything that cool is. I must of watched this clip 20 times in the last 24 hours, and I just can't get enough of it. I don't know whether to be happy or sad that this surpasses anything I have heard that came out in the last 10 years. The band knows they are in it, you can tell by their faces. That kid on the fire escape going fucking nuts... that kid can feel it too. I remember seeing this as a kid, and I know I was familiar with the song. If you grew up in the 70s you at least knew Stevie to hear him. I gotta say I enjoy this for what it is a thousand times more than I did then. This has every element missing from current good music. What can I say man, I like seeing people making good music, and having a good time doing it for people having an equally good time. Classic, it 20 years it probably still won't get better than this. Back in the day Sesame Street was some cutting edge, innovative shit. At any rate... Play it Loud, Turn it up More, and Play it again. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment